Monday, November 19, 2007

On the Bright Side

Here is the bright side of my weekend:
  • Josiah and I enjoyed making chocolate cinnamon bread together and, since no one came to the coffee group I hosted Saturday morning, we have some nice breakfast treats to share with family and friends.
  • I had a relaxing Saturday morning reading a book, drinking coffee and munching on pastries.
  • We have a new, more efficient water heater and Al's comic books didn't get wet when the old water heater decided to spew water out the top.
  • The smoke detector works well.
  • The kitchen sink works again and we didn't have to call the plumber a second time.
  • I had a really nice time visiting with my mom, sister and niece (and there is not even a negative side, implied or otherwise, for this event).
I'm usually a bit of a pessimist, so I'm a little proud of myself for focusing on the good instead of brooding about the not-so-great!

No comments: