Friday, May 18, 2007

Tag, I'm It

Well, I was going to post about the spiritual discipline of receiving, but Stacey tagged me to share 8 random facts about myself. That's an easier post for a busy week, so here goes:

1) I played Fiona, the female lead, in my high school's production of the musical "Brigadoon." I thought I was really great until I watched the video with Al while we were dating. They taped the worst night of the show and, well, it was painful and embarrassing to watch.

2) I sang "Little Road to Bethlehem" with First Call during a concert they gave with my college. My music professor wouldn't even let me see the video. He said the sound quality was really bad. I suspect I was really bad. My mom was so proud of me. She cried all over Bonnie Keen thanking her for "making my little girl's dream come true!" It was sweet, but really embarrassing too.

3) I travelled with The Continental Singers after my sophomore year of college.

4) I have participated in two pageants: a pre-teen pageant when I was in fifth grade and the Miss MBC pageant when I was a freshman in college. One of the questions at the pre-teen pageant was "What do you want to be when you grow up?" I planned to say that I wanted to be a singer or a cashier (I loved pushing buttons...), but my mom made me say I wanted to be a teacher instead. I didn't win a title in either pageant.

5) I rarely travelled outside of Wisconsin until I went to college. Since then I have travelled to England, Germany, the Dominican Republic, Canada, South Korea and China (in addition to various states in the U.S.). Most of the this travel has been for work. Here's a photo of me sledding down from the Great Wall of China.

6) I am an INFJ on the MYERS-BRIGGS TYPE INDICATOR®.

7) I have been leading worship in various contexts since I was in high school.

8) I co-directed a children's Christmas pageant, Candy Cane Lane, while in college. At the time I couldn't understand my co-director's insistence on honoring the copyright by not making our own copies of the practice tape. Now that I am the subsidiary rights manager for InterVarsity Press, I am glad she convinced me to do the right thing.

Okay, so I'm supposed to tag eight more people, but I don't really know 8 other bloggers well enough to tag them. I read a lot of blogs, but tend to lurk more often than not. I'm a little shy that way. The three or so people who actually read my blog will just have to be happy with learning a little more useless information about me I guess.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Yay! Another INFJ! I think we INFJs are the best in the MBTI by far.

Unknown said...

Thanks for playing along, Ellen. I had no idea I've been in the presence of such a star all these months!

Ellen said...

Becky, Of course INFJ's are the best in the MBTI! We're "perfect," right? Or, at least a lot of us try to be ;)

No problem, Stacey. It was a little hard to think of 8 things, but I had fun. My supervisor recently told me that I'm "world famous" (referring to the mostly international aspect of my job) and I said, "Oh, will they let me sing?!" Wow, that isn't as funny in writing. Oh well.

Unknown said...

hee hee. I thinks it's quite funny - especially in the context of your blog.